Monday, March 16, 2009

Pooped

I mean that in the "boy am I pooped!" since and not the "boy you should have seen the size of that thing I just pooped!" The day seem to start later than it should, and even though there is next to no traffic in Page, when I went out with my dad to run some errands, I managed to get stuck in traffic. So it was about 5 pm when we finally got back, having only complete a fistful of our tasks. Now I am, once again, stuck under babies and my cell phone is dead. Who knew all this technology around us that was designed to give us more time (to do heaven only knows what!) would suck away half our day. 

It's like that book "Momo" by Michael Ende (same man that wrote The Neverending Story). It's not like all this time we save can be stored in some time bank somewhere and withdrawn later. He compares each hour to a flower that is different than any other hour and will only exists once, therefore must be cherished. Good stuff. "More speed, less haste." Splendid work!

I mean, save time for what? Seems like people use had time to darn socks. I never have time to find socks, let alone darn them! I guess if I don't know what I'm going to use the extra time for, I may as well spend it now on visiting with a friend, or doing one of those "I always wanted to do that!" things. 

Since I'm stuck, I'm going to write a short story that's been rattling in my skull.

Luv ya!
=^.,.^=

1 comment:

  1. I admire my grandparent's in that they were limited to spend simple time with their families. Makes me wonder if I could ever do that, although here I am blogging...

    And you have to post your short story when you get it written up!

    ReplyDelete