Monday, June 30, 2008

The Eighth Deadly Sin

We've all heard of Sloth and Lust and Greed and all those old Deadly Sins.  But what the authors of the Seven Deadly Sins failed to take into account was that some day the internet would be invented and there would be a need to tack on a new Deadly Sin.  I am, of course, referring to Blogging.  

In fact, Blogging is such a bad sin, that it would go at the beginning of the list of Deadly Sins. 

Blogging
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Just as there are corresponding virtues to counter the original Seven, there is a virtue that can keep you pure from the most mortal sin of Blogging: Not Blogging.

Not Blogging
Chastity
Temperance
Charity
Diligence
Patience
Kindness
Humility

We can see from this that lowest you can ever get is to Blog, which will put you in the deepest circle of Hell, and the highest most noble cause you can pursue is to Not Blog, which will put you right up there guarding the Gates of Heaven with St. Peter. 

So what does this mean for me, sitting here Blogging?  Well, I'm ok with ending up in the deepest circle of Hell. I take comfort knowing that by just reading my blog you'll be dragged strait down with me.  

Which means I'll see you all in Hell!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment