Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh, One

The big 0 1 is tomorrow. My twin's b-day. Simply put, it was like 2 years wrapped into one. Or maybe 2 years squared. They are such sweet little guys. And I've become closer to Jeff. Tomorrow is the dawn of not only a new day, but a new year. One that will start with a kitchen full of messy dishes, way too much laundry piled up and a living room floor that may or may not still exists. I asked Jeff to tell me I'm doing a good job. (I needed a boost and I don't have time to wait for him to figure out what to say. Just tell me what I need to hear!) He said I am doing a good job. I was still bummed though and told him to look around and say that. He was very profound. He said "You are doing a good job. The house isn't on fire, there's no poop on the walls and the babies are still alive."

So everyone, Happy New Year! Here's to having a fire free house, and may this next year find you without poop on the walls!

Now let's muddle through old angs zine or what ever it's called so I can call it a night.

1 comment:

  1. And on the first day of the new year, you have a walk-in closet you walk into and hung up your clothes! Wow, it started off better than you thought it would. And you are doing an awesome job. Daily chores around the house will be undone, ready to do again tomorrow. But two darling little boys had an awesome first year to their lives! Just think, they already know how to call me on the cellphone!

    ReplyDelete